According to Governor Pritzker's plan to reopen Illinois, childcare and day camps are allowed to reopen for children of all workers under Phase 3. Our region is set to enter Phase 3 on Friday, May 29th. Accordingly, SCDC will now be able to accept applications for all students, not just those who are children of essential workers. We will still follow the health and safety recommendations of the Illinois Department of Public Health for the day-to-day operations and activities of SCDC.
SCDC will follow the recommendations and guidelines of the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) for childcare/daycare centers. These include:
- Posting signs outside the entrance restricting entry to anyone with symptoms of illness/respiratory infection.
- Daycare staff will be checked for fever before entering the facility at the beginning of their reported work period and SCDC will maintain records of monitoring.
- Sick leave policies will allow employees to stay home if they have symptoms of respiratory infection.
- Children will be monitored daily for signs/symptoms of COVID-19.
- Any staff or child with symptoms of COVID-19 will be excluded from SCDC
- Limit parents/guardians to one per child during drop-off and pick-up.
- No outside visitors will be allowed in the facility with the exception of maintenance/repair workers. For these persons, a log will be maintained including date/time, name, phone number/cell number.
- SCDC will communicate with our local health department and inform them of COVID-19 cases reported in our childcare or daycare center and stay informed of local developments.
- SCDC will promptly isolate any staff or child with symptoms of COVID-19, including use of a procedure mask (as tolerated by children).
- SCDC will teach and reinforce healthy hygiene as is age appropriate (covering coughs/sneezes, disposing of tissues, handwashing, keeping fingers away from eyes, nose and mouth).
- SCDC will monitor and enforce hand hygiene among staff and children.
- SCDC will intensify cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched items, including doorknobs, toys, phones, keyboards, mice and other items identified as frequently handled.
Activities and Procedures
- Classes will have no more than 10 children in each room.
- Classes will not have combined activities with any other groups.
- No off-campus activities (parks, field trips, etc…) will occur this summer.
- No food items will be provided to students, including lunches and snacks. All food items (including a snack, if desired) must be brought from home.
- Any person over the age of two will be asked to wear a face covering in common areas where social distancing of 6 feet or more cannot be maintained.
- As weather permits, individual groups will be allowed to go outside for some activities with their classroom group.
- We will add specialty classes (Art, Cooking, etc…), sports camps, and enrichment activities as updated state guidelines permit. Any money prepaid for specialty camps will be refunded if we are not allowed to provide those activities.
- If a case of Covid-19 is confirmed in any students or staff of SCDC, the facility and program will be shut down for a minimum of 2 days to allow for cleaning and disinfecting of the facility. Please monitor your child(ren) and do not send them to Day Camp if they are exhibiting any signs of illness.